Aluminum Clad Wood Specialty Windows
An update on the classic design of a wood window, aluminum-clad wood windows eliminate the need for exterior finishing and regular maintenance.
- Heavy, impact-resistant extruded aluminum components.
- 1-7/8” thick sash is industry leading in strength and aesthetics.
- Reinforced frame corners with molded structural corner keys are injected with silicone to ensure durability and resistance against water and air infiltration.
- Sash components connected with sealed and mechanically fastened mortise and tenon joints.
- Interiors feature select stain grade Hem-Fir, precision machined to a smooth finish. Stain grade wood allows for ease of staining or painting.
- Fully extruded aluminum cladding available in twelve colours. Enhanced Colour Protection (ECP) – which utilizes acroflur paint, a Kynar® based coating – is added to darker colours to resist fading and chalking.
Known for energy efficiency, durability and low maintenance, vinyl windows are the most commonly used window type in North America today.
- Available in white or beige.
- With two different frames, one larger for triple-glazed units and one smaller for double-glazed units, Gienow’s sliders have proper sized frames designed to easily accommodate full-sized sashes and sealed units.